Posts for category: Foot Procedures
Your podiatrist in Harrison, AR, knows how to make your feet feel better
Do your feet hurt? Are you having trouble walking or standing without pain? The truth is, there are many causes of foot pain, including arthritis, joint abnormalities, diabetes, and other medical conditions. Everyday wear-and-tear and aging can also cause foot pain. You may also develop foot pain from walking or standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
Whatever might be making your feet hurt, rest assured that custom-fit orthotics from your local podiatrist can help them feel better. With two convenient office locations in Harrison and Mountain Home, AR, Dr. Eric A. Arp at Arp Foot & Ankle Clinic provides a full range of podiatry services, including custom-fit orthotics. Read on to learn more!
What orthotic type is right for you?
At Arp Foot & Ankle, your podiatrist may recommend these types of orthotics to ease the stress on your feet:
- Soft orthotics, which contain soft, cushioned materials that protect the entire sole of your foot. These orthotics can help maintain balance, absorb shock, and eliminate foot pressure. Soft orthotics are often recommended for bone deformities, arthritic foot conditions, and diabetes-related foot problems.
- Semi-rigid orthotics, which contain both soft and rigid materials; these orthotics also help with balance and are a great choice for people who play sports. Semi-rigid orthotics are also used frequently to treat pediatric cases of flat feet.
- Rigid orthotics which are made of hard plastic; they provide strong support for walking and are a great choice to limit joint motion and relieve stress on tendons. They can help with leg, thigh, and back muscle pain.
Need relief? Give us a call!
If you are suffering from foot pain, you and your feet deserve relief, and custom-fit orthotics can help! To learn more about what orthotics can do for you, talk with an expert—call Dr. Eric A. Arp at Arp Foot & Ankle Clinic. Call either office in Harrison or Mountain Home, AR, today to get some relief for your feet!
When foot problems don’t respond to conservative treatments, your podiatrist may recommend surgery to relieve pain, correct a foot deformity or restore function in your foot and/or ankle.
Podiatric surgery is performed by board certified foot surgeons who specialize in surgery of the feet and ankles. An expert podiatrist can diagnose the cause of your foot pain and determine whether surgical intervention may be helpful for you based on factors such as type of procedure being performed, your age and medical history.
Our practice offers a variety of surgical procedures aimed at solving your lower extremity pains and deformities. Foot surgery is performed to treat many foot problems including:
- Heel pain
- Nail problems
Surgical treatment for foot and ankle problems can help you return to your active lifestyle while relieving pain and discomfort. Benefits of surgery include:
- Resolution of painful, chronic foot problems
- Increased mobility and ability to perform and participate in everyday activities
- Improved foot appearance
- Ability to wear a broader range of footwear and walk more comfortably
Following surgery, your podiatrist will provide you with detailed instructions on caring for your foot/feet during recovery. Your podiatrist will work with you to ensure the foot heals normally and without complications for the best possible outcome.
When your feet hurt, your entire body hurts. At our practice, we do everything possible to get you back on your feet with the latest conservative treatments to resolve your problem without surgical intervention. And when conservative methods aren’t responsive, we can provide the highest quality of expert care for all foot and ankle conditions using the most current surgical techniques for shorter recovery times and an enhanced outcome.